Question: How Do I Contact DFAS Directly?

What rank is o10?

United States Department of DefenseO6Colonel COLColonel ColO7Brigadier General BGBrigadier General Brig GenO8Major General MGMajor General Maj GenO9Lieutenant General LTGLieutenant General Lt GenO10General GEN Army Chief of StaffGeneral Gen Air Force Chief of Staff21 more rows.

Who do I call about military pay?

If you’re active duty or in the Reserve, contact your post or base finance office first for questions about your military pay. For additional help, contact the appropriate Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) office: Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps active duty or Reserve – Call 1-888-332-7411.

Where is DFAS located?

IndianapolisThe Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) is an agency of the United States Department of Defense (DOD), headquartered in Indianapolis, IN.

How do I read my military w2?

The most frequently seen codes on military W-2s are AA, D, and Q. Code AA represents Roth TSP contributions. The AA will have a number next to it that designates the tax year for which the contributions were made. Code D represents traditional TSP contributions.

How long does it take DFAS to process retirement?

30 to 45 daysTypical Processing Time Frames. Your first retired pay should be processed in 30 to 45 days after your retirement date. However, this can only happen if we receive a complete retirement package, including a correct DD Form 2656.

How do you get your w2 after you leave the military?

If you’ve separated within 13 months, you can login to your myPay account to get your W2. If you can’t access your myPay account, you can submit a tax statement request and we’ll mail you a hard copy.

How do I speak to someone at DFAS?

If you need speak to a customer service representative, please call 800-321-1080 or 216-522-5955 Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time.

How do I contact myPay?

If you have trouble, call myPay at 888-332-7411 to speak to a Customer Service Representative.

Does the military mail your w2?

Although most military members and federal civilian employees are required or encouraged to retrieve tax statements via myPay, some still receive W-2 forms via the U.S. Postal Service. Tax statements are sent to the mailing address on record.